The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are usually mild, but some people can become very unwell.
- High temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.
Symptomatic staff or pupils, and those who record a positive test, will still need to isolate in line with current guidance.
Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:
- they are fully vaccinated
- they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- they have taken part in r are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
- they are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Instead, they will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace, informed they have been in close contact with a positive case and advised to take a PCR test.
- The Co-Head teachers are required to monitor cases to identify any outbreaks and close contacts. If 5 staff or pupils test positive within a 10 day period or if a member of staff or pupil is admitted to hospital we will seek public health advice and implement additional infection control measures – e.g. additional cleaning, additional ventilation.
Full details can be seen in the Outbreak Management Plan
Adhering to Government Guidance
Please adhere to the latest government guidance, which can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Children should wash their hands for at least 20 seconds lots of times every day, using soap and warm water and dry them well afterwards, including:
- when they arrive at school
- after they have been to the toilet
- after break time
- before and after lunch
- after touching pets
- when they have blown their nose
- if they have touched their face
- before they leave school
|Outbreak management plan v 3||[pdf 621KB]|
|Covid-19 symptoms flow diagram||[pdf 403KB]|